Is the pursuit of success deceptive?

Post Reply
User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:56 pm

 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Gardener
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:08 pm

I think that there are many people who chase success. People have to chase success. Success never chases people. This is a lesson that I have learnt in life. The fact remains that you have to work really hard if you want to achieve success. Not inky you need to work hard, but you also need to be smart enough to become successful. Success is NOT just about making more money. It is much broader than that.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:56 pm

Gardener wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2026 1:00 pm I think that there are many people who chase success. People have to chase success. Success never chases people. This is a lesson that I have learnt in life. The fact remains that you have to work really hard if you want to achieve success. Not inky you need to work hard, but you also need to be smart enough to become successful. Success is NOT just about making more money. It is much broader than that.
Success is not all about money, but also how it is used to increase quality of life, which in one way wasn't done in the video story.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Gardener
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2026 8:08 pm

Jason wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2026 3:45 pm
Gardener wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2026 1:00 pm I think that there are many people who chase success. People have to chase success. Success never chases people. This is a lesson that I have learnt in life. The fact remains that you have to work really hard if you want to achieve success. Not inky you need to work hard, but you also need to be smart enough to become successful. Success is NOT just about making more money. It is much broader than that.
Success is not all about money, but also how it is used to increase quality of life, which in one way wasn't done in the video story.
Exactly! Success is certainly not about earning tons of money. There are many people who have money, but their quality if life is quite poor. They take drugs and they might not be in the best of shape. They may be struggling with health problems as well. Success is far much broader than what we think it is.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2026 3:34 am

Well, I do not think pursuit of success is deceptive. Success is important to live a comfortable life. Even though religion and philosophy often say life is an illusion and only birth and death are true, we need to live a life and in life success matters most.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:56 pm

Nomad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:40 am Well, I do not think pursuit of success is deceptive. Success is important to live a comfortable life. Even though religion and philosophy often say life is an illusion and only birth and death are true, we need to live a life and in life success matters most.
Well, in the case of the video I posted, I'd say his pursuit of success was good, but there was a terribly bad life/work balance.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Post Reply