Is the pursuit of success deceptive?
I think that there are many people who chase success. People have to chase success. Success never chases people. This is a lesson that I have learnt in life. The fact remains that you have to work really hard if you want to achieve success. Not inky you need to work hard, but you also need to be smart enough to become successful. Success is NOT just about making more money. It is much broader than that.
Success is not all about money, but also how it is used to increase quality of life, which in one way wasn't done in the video story.Gardener wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2026 1:00 pm I think that there are many people who chase success. People have to chase success. Success never chases people. This is a lesson that I have learnt in life. The fact remains that you have to work really hard if you want to achieve success. Not inky you need to work hard, but you also need to be smart enough to become successful. Success is NOT just about making more money. It is much broader than that.
Exactly! Success is certainly not about earning tons of money. There are many people who have money, but their quality if life is quite poor. They take drugs and they might not be in the best of shape. They may be struggling with health problems as well. Success is far much broader than what we think it is.Jason wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2026 3:45 pmSuccess is not all about money, but also how it is used to increase quality of life, which in one way wasn't done in the video story.Gardener wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2026 1:00 pm I think that there are many people who chase success. People have to chase success. Success never chases people. This is a lesson that I have learnt in life. The fact remains that you have to work really hard if you want to achieve success. Not inky you need to work hard, but you also need to be smart enough to become successful. Success is NOT just about making more money. It is much broader than that.
Well, in the case of the video I posted, I'd say his pursuit of success was good, but there was a terribly bad life/work balance.Nomad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:40 am Well, I do not think pursuit of success is deceptive. Success is important to live a comfortable life. Even though religion and philosophy often say life is an illusion and only birth and death are true, we need to live a life and in life success matters most.
