Fist Fighting

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:56 pm

Shawn wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 10:42 pm
Jason wrote: Wed Feb 25, 2026 1:24 pm I took took taekwondo in high school and university. That's real trained fighting, not the first fighting I had done.
I took a little bit of that when I was very young and really liked it.

However, we were very poor and I couldn't do the classes because they didn't have the money.
Yeah, it would be tough on a low income. It's basically the same as paying monthly fees for music lessons
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Shawn
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2026 4:13 am

If only we had YouTube back then haha.

Knowing how to protect myself as a kid would have been handy as I wasn't treated very well in school.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:56 pm

Shawn wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2026 1:51 pm If only we had YouTube back then haha.

Knowing how to protect myself as a kid would have been handy as I wasn't treated very well in school.
I doubt if fighting can truly be learned from a book or video alone.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Stoic
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2026 6:35 am

Many times as a kid but never as a grown up person. Sometimes I got my ass kicked and sometimes I kicked someone's else ass. A normal thing in life of a guy I guess. I did practice martial arts later in life, as a young adult just in case I need to protect myself, but never put myself in a situation in which I would need it anyway.
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Jason
Site Admin
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:56 pm

I got in fist fights in elementary and middle school because I'm a misfit. Later in high school, this behavior turned in class clown stuff. :D
 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Post Reply